Thursday, June 10, 2010

Touching Lives

Yes, I was in a band of the same name. We had one show, in the children's center at the L.A County Museum of Art. But I'm here to discuss Lifetouch. My church is getting a new directory and I got my portrait back today. Here it is:
Nice.


They, being Lifetouch, do these directories for free in hopes that you will purchase prints at a rate beyond reason. They are mad to think I'd want more than one copy of that. (Far be it from them to give you any freedom in the way of positioning.) They also have this tendency to talk you up like you're best buds or something (like I care what you did in the 70's man). But what really gets me is that after siting on that stool, absentmindedly listing to this guy's remembrance of the past, he then proceeded to inform me that I have a lot of "moles" on my face and that he could "remove" them in "touch up" for an extra free. 
I told him I liked them.
He said he could give me more.
Are you for real man?


The next time I have to do a Lifetouch sesh, I'm wearing something that doesn't fit my body.


Like this:




Or this:



But most likely this:




3 comments:

  1. I know you're not my friend anymore really but this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helllooo Mike. Long story short, our parents were great friends in the ice age (My dad helped dedicate Carey when she was a baby). Anywho, your mom told my mom about the wedding and wanted to send pics, enter your blog! I loved what you wrote about your sister (copy and paste directly to my brother as he should do the same for me!). Also, loved your church directory pose. I have a few of those gems hidden in the closet, although I am missing a tooth and have pigtails...J/k...Um, and your music video...completely Brills. I wanna borrow that belt...and I am serious about that one...
    Sincerely,
    Someone who you don't even know through the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon!...Hannah C.
    PS. My Parents are Keith and Betsy, they new your parents from the Mississippi days....I guess before we were even born!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my church let us submit out own photo for the directory. have fun with that. :)

    ReplyDelete