Tuesday, July 13, 2010

So I had a totally HAWT weekend.


Palm Springs was around 110 degrees. Loved every minute of that dry and smoldering heat. I'm a wuss and get cold, um like, all the time. (I have more sweaters in my closet than any other article.) I loved that I could go swimming at 7 AM or earlier and 11 PM or later. It's such a great feeling to be in a cold pool and have a hot and dry wind blowing around. If you've experienced this, then you know, if not, well take a quick vacay to Palm Springs and get educated.
I went with Ham to visit a friend who is house sitting for a month, yeah a whole month. Nuts. The house was across the street from Huell Howser's place. You know Huell Howser? California's Gold? He came to my elementary school in La Habra to shoot a special on Grandparents Day when I was in third grade. My grandparents were in Memphis, TN and Arcadia, LA, so of course, Huell and I never met. Kind of a bummer having grandparents so far away.

"Hey Michael, where're your grandparents, don't you have any?" 
"Yeah, but they're doing work for the government...on the moon."

He's a D list celeb for sure, but it was still kind of interesting to be across the street from his place. He's gay btw. Did you know that? (He's never really said this, but those who are in the know, know, and they told me.) Apparently, he was when he came to my school. Crazy cuz, well, he doesn't act like it…if that makes sense…no offense.
Here are some pictures below of the weekend, some courtesy of Ham, others of yours unfaithfully. 

Dave V. The Sitter .















As you can see, I like panoramas. I like that the image distorts itself if you shoot it without accuracy.



I did some recording while there. It's actually too hot to go out between the hours of 12 and 4 (even for me). Knowing this, I brought some work with me. The AC runs for 7 minutes and then goes off for 13 and then back on for 7, all day every day, that's 24/7. The electric bill is around 5 bills a month! But it kept me cool. Oh and look, you can see where I sat...weird. It's like I'm there...but not there...cuz... I'm taking the picture. So weird right? Yah I know.

 
The owners of the house, two dudes, have these little guys, their "children", Sparky and Buddy. One is a little psycho (Sparky) and the other a real sweetheart. Sparky would  bark at me like crazy if I suddenly appeared (or so he thought) form around a corner or something, but then curl up next to me a minute later. Dogs are like that I guess.





 See what I mean?



 Design Within Reach, has an outlet store of sorts in town where everything is 15% off. This is an Eames Lounge and Ottoman. I want it. A mere $3899 and it's mine. That coffee table is in the house we stayed in; you can see it in the second picture.

Loungin' pool side with Dutch Republic, Godfinger, Sparky and Beard.


Yeah, two dudes who live with two dogs and a "Naughty/Nice" door knob pillow...appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment