The RSA and Cognitive Media teamed up to produce thoughtful and lively lectures that incorporate metaphorical/literal illustrations on anything from Capitalism to empathy and civilization. I was personally drawn to this abridged talk by philosopher Slavoj Žižek on the ethical implications of charity. *Enjoy. (The one on time is pretty facinating as well. I HIGHLY recommend it. See them all here.)
(I by no means feel this is definitive, thought provoking? Of course.)
*One of the complaints I read of this talk was that SlavZ "only" brings problems to light and never discusses how to fix them. Well, maybe I'm rare in this but, I'm cool with being informed of a problem of which I'm left to my own devices to solve. It happens all the time. So then...the real problem? Seldom do I take the steps to find solutions. I wonder if I'm rare in this as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment