Friday, October 1, 2010

Oh. Well hello there. Busy later?

Aside from getting that lovely note I posted, I also purchased my first piece of furniture yesterday.




She's Danish, very modern, (1950's) and used to live in this gem of all gems antique/vintage shop near my home. 
For the last six years I've driven past that shop with many a second thought because they claim to be a country store. I hate country stores. But I bought a vintage Navy issued pea coat for like thirty bucks from that same spot before the place changed hands. It's a coveted article. So with a simmering hope that maybe it was the same kind of joint with a different name, I finally stopped by last Saturday on my way to Long Beach. Imagine my bewilderment when I found her sitting on the porch of a "country store" like an elegant yet single gentlewoman aching for love. Oh, how she will be loved.
This piece should retail for 3 or 4 hundred dollars. I paid $88 and change. The seller was discounting everything in his section 30% off until the end of September, which I didn't know about until yesterday, which as you may know, was the end of September. His original price (still unbelievably low) was $126. I had been mulling over the thought of buying it when I saw it on Saturday but I had nowhere to put it. Ham, after seeing it and then pissing himself with glee, decided to put it behind his couch until I get my own place in the next year or two.


How nice.

I must say I appreciate the shop's façade. I also bought (on Saturday) a vintage necklace for Jody, vintage broach/pin for Ashley, vintage cork topped Pirex wine decanter for Laurel, two vintage Pirex dishes for Jess, and something else for someone else. Let's just say you would wish you were that someone. And you could be, if you liked Danish modern furniture and weren't busy later.









No comments:

Post a Comment