Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Men retreating

I went to Ojia this past weekend with some men from church. It was the annual men's retreat. My church is mostly old people, of this I am very proud. I really appreciate the multigenerational atmosphere. I say mostly because, well yeah, the church has been around since 1958. Some of our current members helped build the place. Knowing that there are people sitting in the pews that helped put them there constantly reminds me of my relationship to time and how we're still in the dating phase between getting to-know-you and meet-the-parents. 
I used to be a member of the younger gen. who believed most geriatrics had little to offer this modern and ever changing world. Every Sunday I'm reminded of how foolish I was to believe such a thing. I was one of six "young" guys to go this past weekend. It's pretty eyeopening getting around a bunch of people you respect and don't know as well as you'd like. That's one of the reasons I go. I have this picture in my mind of what most of these older men are like away from their wives and the church building, and it's weird to see how right or wrong I am. For instance, the second day up, most of the older men where either wine tasting or hanging out at the local Bar and BBQ during free time. I didn't expect this. Furthermore, quite a few of the older crowd went out with the younger crowd to celebrate Brandon Pfaff's 24th birthday at BJ's.  Pitchers of Nutty Brunet and Jeremiah Red we in tall order while all remained pleasantly sober. I just wish I would have taken more pictures. I did take some videos though.


California, I love you, yes I do.


Looks like a toilet seat, so ugly.




He's a PC man but he's been forgiven.





















When I think about you, I shoot myself.









Each step brings you closer and closer to camp food.



Gimmie.



Each step brings you closer and closer to a thin mattress, 
where no woman is waiting.



Gordo. He belonged to a cult once. 
I respect him more than most.









Thank you, Brandon.

Late Night Walk from momoney on Vimeo.


So Loud, So Charming from momoney on Vimeo.

Mid Morning Walk from momoney on Vimeo.

I Searched and Searched all Over Over from momoney on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. You are no longer a member of the younger generation??? Did you get old (i.e like 29 years old). Wait until next year and you can be a part of the 30 crowd. Now that's old.

    P.S. Respect me now that you realize that I am your elder!!!

    ReplyDelete